Functional testing is an essential and integral part of the software production process that helps to identify defects in the early stages of creating a software product. Using software testing services ensures the quality control of the final product.
Functional testing with software testing services
Functional testing is one of the key types of testing, which task is to establish the compliance of the developed software with the initial functional requirements of the customer. That is, conducting a functional test allows you to test the ability of an information system in certain conditions to solve the tasks needed by users.
Depending on the degree of access to the system code, there are two types of functional tests:
- Black box– conducting functional testing without access to the system code
- White box testing –functional testing with access to the system code
Testing of the black box is carried out without knowledge of the internal mechanisms of the system and relies on the external manifestations of its work. In this test, the behavior of the software is checked for various inputs and the internal state of the systems. In the case of white boxtesting, test cases are created based primarily on the code of the software system. There is also an extended type of black-box testing, which includes the study of code – theso-called gray box.
Using software testing services, you’re getting the following key benefits:
- Functional software testing completely simulates the actual use of the system
- It allows you to quickly identify system errors of software and, thereby, to avoid many problems when working with it in the future
- Savings due to error correction at an earlier stage of the software lifecycle